On the road

On the road

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Honor Flight October 2010

I just returned from an experience that I will not soon forget. I was chosen to be a guardian on the Honor Flight this month. Honor Flight flies WWII veterans to the WWII Memorial in D.C.
Over forty heroes and and slightly more guardians went on this trip. We took in the WWII, Korea, and Vietnam memorials.
Walter Reed Army Hospital where the vets met with the current wounded warriors. Senetor Bob Dole was in a wheelchair just recently having knee surgery.
We saw the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Un known Soldier. The Air Force, Navy, and Iwo Jima memorials as well.
The guys were like kids in a candy store. I had a hard time keeping up with my two.
I'm honored that I got to go with these boys and hope to do it again sometime.
Godspeed heroes...

No comments:

Post a Comment